Dancing auditions for kids in Munhall are designed to find kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Munhall and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Munhall: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Munhall typically demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Munhall could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest each night for the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Munhall take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Munhall, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Munhall
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Munhall are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Munhall reviewed by Norris Pease
Registering changed everything!
“After registering an account, We immediately had access to auditions nearby. Our kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”