Dancing auditions for kids in Niceville are designed for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Niceville and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Niceville: Preparing
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Niceville normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn information about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Niceville will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Niceville are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Niceville, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Niceville
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Niceville are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Niceville reviewed by Teri Taunton
Registering changed our lives!
“After signing up for a new account, We instantly gained access to dancing auditions nearby. My child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”