Dancing auditions for kids in Norcross are for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Norcross and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norcross: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Norcross usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn information about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Norcross can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Norcross are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Norcross, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norcross
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Norcross are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norcross reviewed by Solomon Durst
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, I immediately gained access to auditions nearby. My child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”