Dancing auditions for kids in Norfolk are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Norfolk and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norfolk: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Norfolk typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Norfolk will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night the week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Norfolk take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norfolk
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Norfolk are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Norfolk reviewed by Frida Madero
Registering changed everything!
“Right after signing up for an account, I immediately had access to auditions nearby. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”