Dancing auditions for kids in North Westside are designed for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in North Westside and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in North Westside: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are several steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in North Westside usually require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition you can. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in North Westside could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in North Westside are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in North Westside, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in North Westside
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in North Westside are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in North Westside reviewed by Kaila Michelle
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”