Dancing auditions for kids in Okemos are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Okemos and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Okemos: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Okemos typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Okemos can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night for the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Okemos take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Okemos, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Okemos
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Okemos are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Okemos reviewed by Corey White
I Love this Service!
“After creating an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”