Dancing auditions for kids in Oklahoma City are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Oklahoma City and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Oklahoma City: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Oklahoma City normally require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much information about the audition you can. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Oklahoma City will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Oklahoma City are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Oklahoma City
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Oklahoma City are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Oklahoma City reviewed by Celestine Hunsucker
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After opening a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”