Dancing auditions for kids in Olney are for kids who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Olney and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Olney: Preparation
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Olney typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Olney could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest each night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Olney take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Olney, Maryland
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Olney
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Olney are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Olney reviewed by Antonietta Hazelrigg
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after opening an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”