Dancing auditions for kids in Ossining are designed for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Ossining and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ossining: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Ossining usually demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Ossining can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest each night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Ossining are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Ossining, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ossining
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Ossining are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ossining reviewed by Elda Naranjo
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After creating an account, We immediately had access to auditions in our location. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”