Dancing auditions for kids in Owosso are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Owosso and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Owosso: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Owosso typically require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Owosso could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest every night the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Owosso take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Owosso, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Owosso
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Owosso are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Owosso reviewed by Maryanna Hiler
Registering changed everything!
“After opening a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”