Dancing auditions for kids in Palmdale are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Palmdale and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Palmdale: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Palmdale typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Palmdale can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest every night for the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Palmdale are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Palmdale, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Palmdale
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Palmdale are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Palmdale reviewed by Damion Truesdale
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Right after creating a new account, We instantly had access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”