Dancing auditions for kids in Pecos are designed for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Pecos and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pecos: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Pecos usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research all the information about the audition you can. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Pecos can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest each night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Pecos are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pecos, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pecos
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Pecos are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pecos reviewed by Brendon Erlandson
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after opening an account, I instantly gained access to dancing auditions in our location. My child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”