Dancing auditions for kids in Pike Creek are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Pike Creek and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pike Creek: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Pike Creek usually demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Pike Creek can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Pike Creek are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pike Creek, Delaware
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pike Creek
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Pike Creek are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pike Creek reviewed by Jettie Disher
Registering changed our lives!
“After signing up for an account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was at auditions within 1 week!”