Dancing auditions for kids in Pinewood are for kids who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform difficult routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Pinewood and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pinewood: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Pinewood usually demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Pinewood can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Pinewood take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pinewood, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pinewood
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Pinewood are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pinewood reviewed by Lorrie Denley
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After opening a new account, I immediately got access to auditions in our location. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”