Dancing auditions for kids in Pleasantville are designed for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complicated routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Pleasantville and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pleasantville: Preparing
Before the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Pleasantville normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather all the information about the audition as possible. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Pleasantville could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Pleasantville take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pleasantville, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pleasantville
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Pleasantville are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pleasantville reviewed by Erma Tweedy
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Right after creating a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”