Dancing auditions for kids in Plymouth are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Plymouth and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Plymouth: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Plymouth usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn information about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Plymouth could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest each night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Plymouth take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Plymouth, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Plymouth
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Plymouth are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Plymouth reviewed by Vickie Nave
I Love this Service!
“After signing up for a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”