Dancing auditions for kids in Pontoon Beach are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Pontoon Beach and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pontoon Beach: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Pontoon Beach usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn information about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Pontoon Beach will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Pontoon Beach take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pontoon Beach, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pontoon Beach
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Pontoon Beach are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pontoon Beach reviewed by Dee Wooton
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Right after opening an account, We immediately got access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”