Dancing auditions for kids in Pooler are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform difficult routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Pooler and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pooler: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are several steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Pooler usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Pooler can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest each night the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Pooler are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Pooler, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pooler
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Pooler are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Pooler reviewed by Shalonda Kirst
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”