Dancing auditions for kids in Port Huron are designed for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Port Huron and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port Huron: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are several steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Port Huron usually demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Port Huron could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Port Huron are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Port Huron, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port Huron
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Port Huron are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port Huron reviewed by Isabell Gritton
Registering changed everything!
“Right after registering a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 1 week!”