Dancing auditions for kids in Port St. John are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complex routines they like on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Port St. John and some tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port St. John: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Port St. John usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Port St. John will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Port St. John are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Port St. John, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port St. John
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Port St. John are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Port St. John reviewed by Frances Knight
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”