Dancing auditions for kids in Prattville are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Prattville and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prattville: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Prattville normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Prattville can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Prattville are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Prattville, Alabama
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prattville
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Prattville are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prattville reviewed by Yasmin Lawhorn
Registering changed our lives!
“After signing up for a new account, We instantly got access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”