Dancing auditions for kids in Prescott are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Prescott and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prescott: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are several steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Prescott usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research information about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Prescott can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Prescott take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Prescott, Arizona
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prescott
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Prescott are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Prescott reviewed by Napoleon Lundahl
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Right after registering an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 1 week!”