Dancing auditions for kids in Ridgeland are for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Ridgeland and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ridgeland: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Ridgeland normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Ridgeland could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Ridgeland are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Ridgeland, Mississippi
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ridgeland
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Ridgeland are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ridgeland reviewed by Brande Zanchez
I Love this Service!
“Immediately after registering an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”