Dancing auditions for kids in Riverview are designed for kids who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Riverview and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Riverview: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are several steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Riverview usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Riverview will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night for a week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Riverview take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Riverview, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Riverview
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Riverview are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Riverview reviewed by Lizzie Rudnick
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after opening an account, I instantly had access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”