Dancing auditions for kids in Rockville are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Rockville and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rockville: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Rockville typically require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Rockville can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Rockville are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Rockville, Connecticut
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rockville
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Rockville are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rockville reviewed by Therese Kujawa
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After opening a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”