Dancing auditions for kids in Rocky River are designed to find children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Rocky River and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rocky River: Preparing
Before the audition there are several things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Rocky River typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research all the details about the audition you can. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Rocky River could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest each night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Rocky River take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Rocky River, Ohio
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rocky River
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Rocky River are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rocky River reviewed by Cathy Carman
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After signing up for an account, We immediately got access to dancing auditions in the area. My kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”