Dancing auditions for kids in Rolla are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Rolla and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rolla: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Rolla usually require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Rolla will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Rolla are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Rolla, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rolla
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Rolla are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rolla reviewed by Erma Tweedy
I Love this Service!
“Right after signing up for a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”