Dancing auditions for kids in Rome are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Rome and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rome: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Rome usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Rome can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Rome are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Rome, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rome
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Rome are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Rome reviewed by Vi Smotherman
Registering changed everything!
“Right after registering an account, I immediately had access to auditions in the area. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”