Dancing auditions for kids in San Lorenzo Valley are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in San Lorenzo Valley and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Lorenzo Valley: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in San Lorenzo Valley normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition as possible. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in San Lorenzo Valley will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in San Lorenzo Valley take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in San Lorenzo Valley, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Lorenzo Valley
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in San Lorenzo Valley are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Lorenzo Valley reviewed by Trudie Human
I Love this Service!
“Immediately after opening a new account, We immediately gained access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”