Dancing auditions for kids in San Ramon are designed to find kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in San Ramon and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Ramon: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in San Ramon normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in San Ramon will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance practice.
Resting. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in San Ramon take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in San Ramon, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Ramon
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in San Ramon are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in San Ramon reviewed by Boyd Morace
I Love this Site!
“Right after creating a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”