Dancing auditions for kids in Saratoga Springs are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Saratoga Springs and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Saratoga Springs: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Saratoga Springs usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Saratoga Springs will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Saratoga Springs are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Saratoga Springs, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Saratoga Springs
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Saratoga Springs are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Saratoga Springs reviewed by Arnulfo Trumbull
Registering changed everything!
“Right after opening a new account, I instantly got access to auditions in the area. Our kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”