Dancing auditions for kids in Sartell are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Sartell and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sartell: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Sartell normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research information about the audition. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Sartell can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest each night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Sartell are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Sartell, Minnesota
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sartell
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Sartell are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sartell reviewed by Mona Hale
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after creating a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”