Dancing auditions for kids in Sebring are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Sebring and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sebring: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Sebring typically demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research information about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Sebring could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest every night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Sebring take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Sebring, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sebring
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Sebring are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sebring reviewed by Farah Mickle
Registering changed everything!
“After creating a new account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”