Dancing auditions for kids in Seward are designed for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Seward and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Seward: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Seward normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition you can. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Seward will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Seward are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Seward, Nebraska
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Seward
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Seward are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Seward reviewed by Merlene Gatton
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”