Dancing auditions for kids in Shepherd are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Shepherd and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Shepherd: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Shepherd usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Shepherd could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Shepherd are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Shepherd, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Shepherd
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Shepherd are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Shepherd reviewed by Carylon Deloatch
I Love this Site!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”