Dancing auditions for kids in Sikeston are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Sikeston and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sikeston: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Sikeston usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Sikeston will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Sikeston take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Sikeston, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sikeston
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Sikeston are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sikeston reviewed by Nilda Maness
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after opening a new account, I immediately gained access to auditions in the area. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”