Dancing auditions for kids in South Monroe are for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in South Monroe and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in South Monroe: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in South Monroe usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in South Monroe can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in South Monroe are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in South Monroe, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in South Monroe
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in South Monroe are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in South Monroe reviewed by Kaycee Raposo
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after registering a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”