Dancing auditions for kids in Southgate are for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Southgate and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southgate: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Southgate usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Southgate will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Southgate are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Southgate, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southgate
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Southgate are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southgate reviewed by Beth Storlie
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After opening an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”