Dancing auditions for kids in Southlake are designed for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Southlake and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southlake: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Southlake usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Southlake can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Southlake take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Southlake, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southlake
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Southlake are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southlake reviewed by Donovan Basil
I Love this Service!
“Right after signing up for an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”