Dancing auditions for kids in Southport are designed to find children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Southport and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Southport normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Southport will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Southport are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Southport, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Southport are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport reviewed by Myles Oatis
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after opening an account, We instantly had access to dancing auditions nearby. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”