Dancing auditions for kids in Southport are designed to find kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Southport and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Southport usually demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Southport could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest each night for a week before the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Southport take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Southport, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Southport are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Southport reviewed by Keitha Brauer
I Love this Service!
“Right after signing up for a new account, We instantly gained access to dancing auditions in our location. My kid was auditioning within 2 weeks!”