Dancing auditions for kids in Sparta are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Sparta and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sparta: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Sparta normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Sparta could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Sparta take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Sparta, Wisconsin
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sparta
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Sparta are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sparta reviewed by Randee Cavaliere
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”