Dancing auditions for kids in Springfield are designed for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Springfield and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Springfield: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Springfield normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition you can. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Springfield can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Springfield are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Springfield, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Springfield
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Springfield are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Springfield reviewed by Wendie Rule
I Love this Site!
“Immediately after registering an account, I instantly gained access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”