Dancing auditions for kids in State College are designed to find children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in State College and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in State College: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in State College typically require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition you can. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in State College could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night for a week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in State College take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in State College, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in State College
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in State College are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in State College reviewed by Christiana Behr
I Love this Service!
“After signing up for an account, We immediately gained access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”