Dancing auditions for kids in Staunton are for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Staunton and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Staunton: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Staunton normally require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Staunton will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Staunton take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Staunton, Virginia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Staunton
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Staunton are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Staunton reviewed by Jack Gadd
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”