Dancing auditions for kids in Sterling are for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Sterling and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sterling: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Sterling typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather all the information about the audition as possible. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Sterling will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night for a week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Sterling are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Sterling, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sterling
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Sterling are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Sterling reviewed by Reatha Heikkinen
Registering changed everything!
“After creating an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”