Dancing auditions for kids in Templeton are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Templeton and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Templeton: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Templeton typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Templeton could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Templeton are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Templeton, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Templeton
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Templeton are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Templeton reviewed by Tonie Bardsley
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After signing up for a new account, I instantly had access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”