Dancing auditions for kids in Thornwood are designed for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Thornwood and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Thornwood: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Thornwood usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Thornwood will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Thornwood take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Thornwood, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Thornwood
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Thornwood are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Thornwood reviewed by Shaina Veres
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Right after signing up for a new account, I instantly had access to auditions in the area. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”