Dancing auditions for kids in Toledo are designed for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Toledo and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Toledo: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Toledo usually demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Toledo could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest every night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Toledo take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Toledo, Ohio
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Toledo
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Toledo are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Toledo reviewed by Felipe Olguin
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“After opening an account, I immediately gained access to auditions nearby. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”