Dancing auditions for kids in Tustin are designed for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Tustin and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Tustin: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Tustin usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition you can. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Tustin can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest each night for the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Tustin take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Tustin, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Tustin
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Tustin are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Tustin reviewed by Marcella Steinhoff
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, We immediately got access to auditions in the area. Our kid was auditioning within 3 weeks!”